You’ve set up your Google Plus personal page and created a Google Plus business or brand page.
But now what?
You may be on Google Plus to:
- increase your profile,
- connect with fabulous people,
- let people know how you can help them, and
- highlight what you do.
But if you only focus on your building your business profile, you’re missing out on an incredible opportunity to show people who you are.
Spending some time and energy on your Google Plus personal page is a fantastic way to demonstrate “what makes you tick”!
So what type of insights do you want to give people into your personal life?
This will vary from person to person.
Some people feel comfortable taking photos of their family, including their children – others don’t want to post anything too personal.
Here’s 7 things to consider before you start posting regularly on your Google Plus personal page.
- What types of posts do you like to read, +1 , comment on and share?
- What makes you decide to follow someone on Google Plus – is it their photo, about page, where they live or what they do?
- What parts of your life are ‘off limits’?
- What parts of your life are you comfortable sharing with others?
- What types of posts would your audience find amusing, inspiring, entertaining and thought provoking?
- What types of posts would your audience find off-putting, in bad taste or a reason to ‘unfollow’ you?
- How often do you feel comfortable sharing something on your Google Plus personal page?
Once you’ve got the answers to these 7 questions, it’s time to start posting…
- Finished a novel that you couldn’t put down for days? Share how fabulous it is…
- Out walking the dog and notice a rainbow? Take a photo and share it…
- Just tidied up your desk after weeks of procrastination? Take a photo and share it…
And as with all social media networks, if you’re having ‘one of those days’ when the thought of posting something makes you feel ill – stay away from it.
Give yourself a break from all your screens and take a walk!
Like some help getting into Google Plus?