How to create space in your day
You’ve been back at work for a few weeks now.
Slipped back into the daily routine: family, business, work, friends, children, school.
The summer break may feel like it was a long, long time ago:
- lazy mornings with no alarm clock demanding you get up,
- beach visits,
- space and time to do nothing, and
- hanging out with friends.
We need more space in our day – so we can breathe in deeply and out slowly, without the pressing need to be somewhere else.
Breathing space is that precious pocket of time where we can get grounded and realign.
And because it’s your pocket of time, you decide what to do and for how long!
You may choose to
- practice yoga for 20 minutes (I love these online yoga classes).
- step away from your desk and sit outside in the sunshine while you have a coffee
- sit under a tree with your eyes shut and your bare feet in the grass.
A recent article suggests that this pocket of time away from your desk and screen will improve your health. It says that focusing intensely on work (especially in front of a screen) can lead to bad posture, stress and muscle tightness.
So what’s the ‘secret’ to creating breathing space in your day?
Start today, without fanfare or a social media post declaring this is your new way of life.
Allow yourself a precious pocket of time each day, just for you…to enjoy the space.